It doesn’t take much to make a sandwich. But, what makes a sandwich great is what you put between the bread slices. I like chicken salad spreads as my filler. But, to bump the recipe up a notch, I make this delicious chicken salad with chicken breast, dried apricots, celery, scallions, rosemary and sliced almonds. In addition, I add the extras: lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Then, grill it on a panini press!
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let chill for at least two hours before serving so flavors can meld.
- fresh artian or panini bread slices
- Rosemary and Apricot Chicken Salad
- tomato slices (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- cheese slices (optional)
Heat panini grill. Spread outside slices of bread with mayo. Fill bread slices with chicken salad, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Grill for 3 minutes or until golden brown.